The Device and Alerts Settings are set and managed directly from the device map. To do this, open the device map and find the tool bar at the top of the map. Click on the "Settings" icon on the tool bar . From here are the options to select "Device Settings", 'Manage Alerts" and "Emails & Phones".
Heartbeat - A "Heartbeat" is a report that your unit sends out once a day letting you know it is still connected and functioning.
This can be valuable if your vehicle is parked somewhere for days at a time so that you can have peace of mind knowing the location of your vehicle and that your tracker is working.
Harsh Breaking/Rapid Acceleration - Accelorometer Alerts are triggered when the vehicle accelerates or decelerates in an aggressive fashion. These alerts may be indicative of aggressive driving. This will alert for harsh braking outside the normal parameters.
Idle - Idle Threshold: An Alert will be sent when the vehicle idles longer than the designated amount of time and at every interval of that time that the vehicle continues to idle.
Ignition On/Off - A notification will be sent stating that the ignition has been switched on or off. The tracker’s location can then be viewed on your online map.
Power Up - Power Reset: An Alert is triggered each time the tracker Powers Up (gains power after being powered off). The Alert will include the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of the vehicle it is connected to if available. This Alert may be indicative of tampering and should be closely monitored.
- Should the device be intentionally or accidentally removed from the OBD port, the device will alert when it is re-connected. VIN information included in the Alert report will help identify the vehicle to which the device is connected so that it can be determined if the device was placed into a different vehicle to avoid detection or for unauthorized purposes.
- Instances of this alert should be carefully scrutinized to determine if improper conduct has taken place.
Max Speed - Speed Alert: The Speed Alert will be triggered when speed is above threshold for 15 seconds. The event is reset when speed is 15 mph below the threshold.
Posted Speed Limit - Speed Limit Violation (Currently in Beta and available on select service plans only): The Posted Speed Limit alert compares the speed the vehicle is moving with a database of posted speeds and will be triggered at the end of the trip.
Tow - Tow Alert: A notification will be sent when the vehicle is being towed, and when it has stopped being towed. The tracker’s location can then be viewed on your online map.
Volts - Battery Threshold: Set your voltage threshold in 0.1 increments i.e. 11.4 The Voltage Alert will be triggered when vehicle's battery voltage drops below the threshold.
- Enabling this alert with any number will also enable the Voltage Power Down Alert.
- Voltage Power Down occurs when the vehicles battery voltage falls below normal operating parameters for 10 minutes, regardless of threshold set by you above. In this case the device will send the Low Voltage Power Down Alert and then power down to keep from draining the vehicles battery
- Once the vehicle's battery voltage returns to normal range the device will power up again and resume tracking.
Engine Codes (Standard OBD II only) - Check Engine Light: A notification will be sent when the vehicle reports an engine code.
- Although every effort is made to get all information possible, some vehicles do not follow standard reporting methods and may have limited or no information available.
SOS (GL300 & MT-101 Portable only) - When the SOS is initiated an alert will be sent every 60 seconds for 30 minutes updating the location of the tracker
- To initiate SOS:Press and hold the SOS button on the side of the tracker for 4-5 seconds.The tracker will emit 5 short beeps. This will indicate that the SOS has been initiated.
- To deactivate the SOS and stop notifications:Turning off the tracker will cancel the SOS
Low Battery (GL300 & MT-101 Portable only) - An Alert will be sent when the device reports low power.
Park and Track (MT-101 Portable only) - Once the tracker detects a speed faster than 17 MPH an alert will be sent every 60 seconds for 30 minutes updating the location of the tracker.
- To set Park and Track:Press the SOS button quickly three times. The tracker will emit three high pitched beeps. This will indicate that the device has been properly set.
- To deactivate Park and Track and to stop notifications:To stop Alerts the device must be shut off OR Park and Track must be deactivated.
- Deactivate by pressing the SOS button quickly three times. The tracker will emit one long and three short tones to acknowledge deletion of Park and Track.
Button Press Geofence - A notification will be sent stating that the device has left the Button Press Geofence area with an update to the trackers location. The trackers location can then be viewed on your online map. The tracker will stop reporting its location once it is back inside the button press Geofence perimeter.
- To set a Button Press Geofence: Press the SOS button quickly twice. The tracker will emit two high pitched beeps a moment later. This will indicate that the device has been properly set.
- To deactivate a Button Press Geofence and to stop notifications: Shut off the device and turn it back on OR deactivate using the SOS button.
- Deactivate by pressing the SOS button quickly twice. The tracker will emit one long and two short tones to acknowledge deletion of the Geofence.
Input Alert (MT-121/131 only) - This setting is for use with the INPUT on your device. You must connect the input to a switched power source. The electrical current switching on or off will cause the event to be reported.
Output Alert (MT-121/131 only) - This option will enable the Output on your hardwired device. It will remain active until you disengage it by clicking below.
EXCEPTION: It is not possible to engage or disengage the Output Action when wireless network coverage is not available. As a safety precaution, if your vehicle is in an area with no cellular service for 10 minutes or longer the Output will automatically disengage the Action. Please contact customer support if you do not wish to use this safety setting.